Senior School Leadership
All Year 12 students at Canterbury College assume the responsibilities of leadership of the student community. These responsibilities include:
- being a positive role model for their peers and the younger students of the College
- maintaining a positive tone in the College
- playing a leading role in ensuring that Canterbury College is a pleasant and safe environment for all staff and students
- engaging in and promoting the College Values, Code of Conduct and Uniform Policy
- being an active participant in Year 12 Committees and assisting the Committee Prefect to achieve the aims of the Committee.
At the end of Year 11, students nominate for the positions of Student Leaders of the College for the following year. These positions are appointed by the Head of College after interviews, consultation with all students in Year 11 and all members of teaching staff. The Senior Leadership positions available to students include:
- Two College Captains (male/female)
- Two Vice Captains (male/female)
- House Captains
- Music and Sport Captains for various groups
- Sacristan: students can be selected to participate in Christian leadership activities.