Canterbury College’s international students have superior academic achievement in comprehensive programs.
Guidance is received from the Head of Secondary School, Careers Counsellor and Subject Coordinators. This support empowers students to maximise their achievements at school preparing them for and advising on tertiary studies.
Canterbury offers the following to assist in optimising academic outcomes:
- Small English language classes to further develop English skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- On-site English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Specialists who are also available before and after school
- Small English language classes to enhance English skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking
- Specialist programs for Gifted and Talented students
- Individual careers counselling
- State-of-the-art facilities and classrooms
- Specialist team providing individual attention to international students
- Safe environment at school and in the community
- Supportive homestay families
- Teacher interpreters available to communicate with parents
International students generally study six Senior School subjects.
Applied Literacy is a specialist subject for international students dedicated to improving English skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking for use across all subjects. ESL English is generally compulsory and the remaining four subjects are chosen from:
- Ancient History
- Film, Television and New Media
- Health Education
- Home Economics
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Information Processing and Technology
- Legal Studies
- Modern History
- Physical Education
Canterbury College’s inclusive educational environment will enable your child to excel academically, make life-long friends and immerse themselves in the Australian culture. We have specialised staff who ensure that each student’s pastoral and educational needs are met.
Students receive a well-rounded education, both within and outside the classroom to assist in the development of life-long learning. The College atmosphere is founded upon positive relationships among staff, students and parents, as well as the wider community.
The College ethos is based on mutual respect, support and co-operation. Our rich and diverse academic program is supported by a full curriculum of activities, camps and excursions.
Canterbury College is a registered CRICOS (Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students) College (#01609C).